Friday, February 02, 2007

Why 'The Myopic Manifesto'?

For one thing, the title alliterates, but you and I know that is no explanation.

At once, I say the blog is 'myopic' to admit I have no long term vision for the material and opinions I express here. The entries that appear are merely an accumulation of observations on a stage as eminent as a playground.

When I begin to write on this page usually I have a foggy understanding of just what I will write. So, you coul say I conduct this whole writing enterprise with a dimness of vision that might be called myopic.

Finally, I thought 'myopic' a fitting descriptor for a novice's writings, which is to say: naïvely dire and biassed by immediacy.

I thought myopic sounded swell with manifesto. And since a manifesto is a public declaration of aims and policy - it fits pretty snuggly. I realize that in the wake of Ted Kaczynski's famous 'manifesto' the word also tends to connote the doctrine of a beraved person. But I assure you, I am more or less sane.